VENDORS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Effective Date: 2 May 2017
Kuba collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. The Services are provided by Kuba, and this Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to information collected and used by Kuba (hereinafter “Kuba” or “we”).
Scope and Application
This Statement applies to Vendors, and any other persons that use the Kuba platform under license (collectively “Vendor,” or individually “you”). The Statement does not apply to persons (e.g. companies) who use our app or Services to request for jobs or services (“Users/clients”). If you interact with the Services as both a User and a Vendor, the respective privacy statements apply to your different interactions.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create, modify, or log in to your account, request support from us, consent to a background check, submit a copy of Identification Document, submit information about your business and registration details of the business, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment information, company registration information, and other information you may choose to provide.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: As a condition of providing Users with certain offsite services via the Kuba platform, your precise location data must be provided to Kuba. Once the Kuba has permission to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we will collect the precise location of your device when Kuba is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Contacts Information: If you permit the Kuba to access the address book on your device via the permission system used by your platform, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to the services you provide through our platform, including the type of service provided, date and time the service was provided, the amount charged, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device (whether your own device or a device we provide you), including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Vendors. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, Kuba crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Important Information About Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Kuba wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Kuba seeks before you first use the Kuba, and your use of the Kuba constitutes your consent.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your Kuba account with a payment provider (e.g., Google Wallet) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- If you use the Services through an account associated with a vendor company, we may receive information about you from that Vendor company.
- When you provide on-demand services to Users, our Users may provide us with a Vendor rating or similar rating of the service you provide for them.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance, to request on-demand services as a User, or as a user of other apps we may provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a Vendor.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Vendors, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a User (e.g. a client), or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals.
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Kuba and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process a contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
We may transfer the information described in this Statement too, and process and store it in South Africa and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
Through Our Services
We may share your information:
- Users in connection with their request for services. For instance, we may share your name, Company logo, Company registration Number, precise or approximate location, the average rating provided by Users, and certain contact information (depending upon your location and applicable laws). After you have provided the requested services, we will send the User a receipt via e-mail or other means which may include the breakdown of amounts charged, your company name, contact information, service completed, and other transaction details.
- With other people, as directed by you, in connection with a particular service, offering or promotion; or with third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate; and
- With your partner company and any necessary third parties engaged by us or the partner company, if you use the Services through an account connected to a partner transportation company.
Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
- With Kuba subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, ordinance, license, operating agreement, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kuba or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to delete your account, please log in to your Kuba account at https://Kuba.services, and then submit a request to have your account Deleted; You will also be required to send us an email to indicate your desire to delete your profile, the emails will need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
Kuba will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from your device (whether your own device or one we provide) per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, you will not be able to provide services on the Kuba platform if you disable our collection of precise location data. Additionally, disabling our collection of precise location from your device will not limit our ability to derive approximate location from your IP address.
We may also seek permission for our app’s collection and sync of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device. The Android platform does not provide such a setting.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies and Advertising
Please refer to our Cookie Statement for more information about your choices around cookies and related technologies.
Changes to the Statement
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Statement, please review submit your questions, or write us at Kuba, Attn: Legal,